In this article, we will do a PMStudy Reviews. The aim is that you understand the pros and cons of the PMP program and decide if it’s the best PMP exam prep for you. Also, before we start, be sure that you sign up for the free PMP course from ExamsPM.
There’s no better way to validate your skills in the ever-growing field of project management than to get certified, and the PMStudy e-learning platform has what you need to start preparing.
The PMStudy platform provides training for several certifications in project management and Scrum, but are the courses worth the money? And can you really become certified with these courses? These are the questions we’re going to address in our in-depth PMStudy reviews.
PMStudy is a SCRUMstudy Authorized Training Partner platform that offers several training courses for certifications in the fields of Scrum and project management, including PMP, SCM, and SSPOC. The company also provides corporate training at discounted prices.
ExamsPM vs. PMStudy Reviews
ExamsPM helps you get your PMP certified on your first try within 6 weeks, and also supports you with 60 PDUs after you get certified.
- ExamsPM have 2 regular live instructor-led trainings calls per week, in addition to the self paced course
- ExamsPM offer lifetime packages so you don’t have to worry about course expiring
- ExamsPM offer full service, so you can get an application review prior to completing the exam as well as the credits you need to maintain your certification for three years after the exam
- ExamsPM offer a free PMP training course that lays out the exact road map that you need to follow in order to get PMP certified within 6 weeks
|60 PDUs||Yes. 60 PDUs are included in the tuition.||No|
|Support||Yes – Email, Facebook Forum & Instructor Access||No|
|Course Format||Self-directed learning, live instructor-led training||PMStudy has discontinued their PMP training program.|
|Money Back Guarantee||Yes||No|
Who Should Take the Courses Provided by PMStudy?
The courses offered by PMStudy will be beneficial to anyone interested in becoming certified in the fields of project management and Scrum. They’re also suitable for individuals who just want to enroll in the courses out of pure curiosity or for those who want to switch careers.
Enrolling in any of the courses on the PMStudy platform is pretty straightforward. All it takes is a few mouse clicks, and you’re good to go. The header at the PMStudy website’s homepage lets you select the suitable course for you, and once you choose one, you’ll be directed to the course’s webpage for more details on what’s included in the course.
Regardless of the course you pick, you get:
- 1,000+ practice questions
- 4 simulated exams
- More than 58 video lectures
- Accredited courses with official contact hours
- Downloadable study material
- Chapter quizzes
- Free mobile app
Courses and Certifications
Some of the training courses that PMStudy offers include:
Project Management Professional (PMP)
The PMP training course qualifies you to lead projects in virtually all industries. It gives you full coverage of the ten knowledge areas of project management as found in the PMI PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) Guide, including:
- Project Scope Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Integration Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Procurement Management
You’ll learn all about the project management processes, as well as their related ITTOs (Inputs, Tools, Techniques, and Outputs). You’ll also get the chance to develop your leadership and communication skills, which are some of the main competencies of a successful project manager.
Scrum Fundamentals Certified (SFC)
The Scrum Fundamentals Certified (SFC) is an introductory course that helps you get a basic idea about Scrum. By the end of the course, you should be familiar with the Scrum methodology and how it can benefit your organization. The course is part of a lifetime membership.
Scrum Developer Certified (SDC)
Just like SFC, Scrum Developer Certified (SDC) is an introductory-level course that helps anyone interested in Scrum to understand how to contribute to the Scrum project team. It focuses on team building and communication.
Scrum Master Certified (SMC)
The Scrum Master Certified (SMC) is geared towards professionals who have some prior knowledge of Scrum. The course ensures that participants can initiate and lead Scrum projects with their knowledge of the Scrum framework.
SCRUMstudy Agile Master Certified (SAMC)
This course teaches professionals everything related to applying Agile methodologies and Scrum. The course’s main goal is to help the participants pick the right methodology to use in real-world scenarios.
Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC)
This certification primarily focuses on ensuring that the Product Owner can handle stakeholders and all the related business aspects in a Scrum environment by applying their practical knowledge of Scrum.
Scaled Scrum Master Certified (SSMC)
Applying Scrum can be quite challenging in large projects, and the only way to get around that is to form several Scrum teams and allow them to work in parallel, hence the name “Scaled.” Coordination between the teams is assigned to the Chief Scrum Master, who’s also responsible for product deliverables.
Scaled Scrum Product Owner Certified (SSPOC)
The Chief Product Owner certification is designed to help professionals make better decisions in Scrum projects that involve multiple product owners and several Scrum teams. The Chief Product Owner’s main priority is the deliverable of the project. He or she is also responsible for preparing the Product Backlog and set priorities.
Moreover, the Chief Product Owner must be able to communicate with the Chief Scrum Master and other Product Owners to make more effective business decisions. They also need to work on developing a list of all the shared resources and components among all teams.
Expert Scrum Master Certified (ESMC)
This is probably the highest level of certification a Scrum Master can get. We only recommend going for this certification if you already have many years of experience in the field and looking for something more challenging.
PMStudy is one of the few training agencies that offer free learning resources. While they’re not very inclusive, they can help you develop a basic idea about the topics you’re interested in to decide whether you want to pursue certification or not. Here are a few examples of the free resources that the website offers:
- SBOK Guide Complete e-book, a Guide to the Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOK Guide) that sets the standards and guidelines to ensure that the Scrum methodology is implemented correctly.
- Scrum Fundamentals Virtual Classroom, a free webinar that briefly discusses Scrum’s fundamentals and what you need to do to get the certification.
- Over 100 high-quality videos with a total duration of 500 minutes.
- Free practice tests help you familiarize yourself with the real Scrum certification exams and the type of questions you may encounter.
- Agile-Scrum Glossary with essential terminology and concepts for your reference.
- SBOK Guide Glossary (a very helpful resource for revision).
- Agile Crossword, an excellent tool that challenges your knowledge of Scrum and Agile in a fun way.
Enrolling in any of the courses provided by PMStudy doesn’t require any prerequisites. All you need is a computer with internet access. It’s also preferable for your English skills to be intermediate to advanced if you want to get the most out of the course(s). It would also help if you have some pre-existing information about project management, Agile, or Scrum.
- Excellent instructors with many years of experience
- Detailed course materials
- Offers live classes
- 30-day full money-back guarantee
- Free mobile app
- Content can be viewed offline
- Registered Education Provider with accredited contact hours
- Free learning resources
- Live classes are very expensive
- PMP programs have been discontinued