In this article, we will do a Master of Project Academy Review. The aim is that you understand the pros and cons of the PMP program and decide if it’s best suited for you. Also, before we start, be sure that you sign up for the free PMP course from ExamsPM.
Master of Project Academy offers several courses that prepare you to get certified in some of PMI’s most reputable project management certifications. It’s trusted by thousands of professionals worldwide with its robust courses and professional instructors.
In this detailed Master of Project Academy review, we’ll give you everything you need to know –– the courses the platform offers, the content the courses cover, and whether it’s the right choice for your goals or not.
About the Master of Project Academy Company
The Master of Project Academy is an online e-learning platform based in New York City, New York, United States. It offers training courses for several certifications, including PMP (Project Management Professional), CAPM (Certified Associate of Project Management), Microsoft Project, and PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner).
ExamsPM vs. Master of Project Academy
ExamsPM helps you get your PMP certified on your first try within 6 weeks, and also supports you with 60 PDUs after you get certified.
- ExamsPM have 2 regular live instructor-led trainings calls per week, in addition to the self paced course
- ExamsPM offer lifetime packages so you don’t have to worry about course expiring
- ExamsPM offer full service, so you can get an application review prior to completing the exam as well as the credits you need to maintain your certification for three years after the exam
- ExamsPM offer a free PMP training course that lays out the exact road map that you need to follow in order to get PMP certified within 6 weeks
|ExamsPM||Master of Project Academy|
|60 PDUs||Yes. 60 PDUs are included in the tuition.||No|
|Support||Yes – Email, Facebook Forum & Instructor Access||Only during live training|
|Course Format||Self-directed learning, live instructor-led training||4 Days Live online training|
|Money Back Guarantee||Yes||No|
Who Should Take the Courses Offered by Master of Project Academy?
As we’ve mentioned earlier, the Master of Project Academy specializes in courses related to project management and agile, making it quite useful for anyone interested in learning about the fundamentals of project management and agile practices to get certified.
If you plan to pursue one of the certifications, the courses will help you study for it. However, they won’t officially qualify you for attempting an exam from PMI.
Enrolling in any of the courses offered by the Master of Project Academy is pretty straightforward. Simply visit the website and select the certification you want to prepare for from the header at the top of the page. You’ll then be directed to a catalog of all the courses and simulators available for this certification.
You’ll also have the option to enroll in a bundle of all the available courses for this particular certification, which can save you some cash if you intend to enroll in all of them. Choose the course you prefer and head to the checkout page to complete your payment.
Master of Project Academy Training Overview
Here’s a brief overview of all the courses offered by Master of Project Academy:
Online and Live PMP Training
The PMP course was the first course the Master of Project Academy launched on the platform. It gives you a comprehensive explanation of project management processes and their related ITTOs (Inputs, Tools, Techniques, and Outputs).
We’d say that the course’s content’s quality is quite average compared to other training providers, but it’s still worth checking out. There’s also a live class if you’re more interested in interactive learning.
Online CAPM Training
The CAPM course is quite similar to the company’s PMP course. It covers the same study materials without extensive details since the CAPM certification targets recent college graduates and junior-level project managers.
PMP Exam Simulator
If you’ve already studied for the PMP certification and want to practice with some mock tests before taking the real PMP exam, the PMP Exam Simulator would be your best bet.
This is one of the best ways to guarantee a passing score in the real exam because it allows you to identify your strengths and weaknesses. It also makes it easier for you to manage your time during the exam.
The simulator tries to mimic the PMP exam by giving you the same number and type of questions to answer in the allowed timeframe.
Online PMI-ACP Training
Just like the other courses, the PMI-ACP training course is offered in three subscription plans. The course is well-structured, and it gives you a complete walkthrough of the agile framework.
The things you’ll learn at Master of Project Academy primarily depend on the course(s) you take. Here are the learning objectives of each field of study:
The CAPM and PMP courses are based on PMI’s PMBOK Guide book, the certification’s official reference book. The courses cover the 10 knowledge areas of project management, which include:
- Project Scope Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Integration Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Procurement Management
On the other hand, if you opt for the PMI-ACP course, you’ll learn all about the knowledge and skills you need to apply the agile framework, including:
Knowledge and Skills (Level 1)
- Active listening
- Agile communication management
- Agile problem-solving strategies, tools, and techniques
- Agile manifesto and principles
- Feedback techniques for products
- Assessing and incorporating community and stakeholder values
- Incremental delivery
- Stakeholder management
- Agile brainstorming techniques
- Agile knowledge sharing
- Agile team motivation
- Building empowered teams
- Agile leadership tools and techniques
- Time, budget, and cost estimation
- Coaching and mentoring within teams
- Prioritization techniques
- Value-based decomposition and prioritization
- Product and quality standards
Knowledge and Skills (Level 2)
- Agile framework and terminology
- Agile facilitation methods
- Building high-performance teams
- Agile participatory decision models
- Agile business case development
- PMI’s code of conduct and professional Ethics
- Co-location / distributed teams
- Process analysis techniques
- Agile continuous improvement process
- Project charter for an agile project
- Value-based analysis
Knowledge and Skills (Level 3)
- Agile contracting methods
- Innovation games
- Agile project accounting principles
- Principles of system thinking
- Applying new agile practices
- Regulatory compliance
- Compliance (organizational)
- Variance and trend analysis
- Control limits for agile projects
- Variations in agile methods and approaches
- Failure modes & alternatives
- Vendor management
- Globalization, culture, and diversity
There are no official prerequisites for any of the courses offered by the Master of Project Academy. You still need to be good at English, have an internet-enabled computer, and have an idea about project management.
If you’re going to try the PMP exam simulator, it’s highly recommended that you study for it beforehand and treat it as if it’s the real exam to get the most out of it. There’s no use in taking a mock test for a subject that you haven’t studied for.
Pricing & Contact Hours
Most of the projects offered by Master of Project Academy have three subscription plans: lifetime access, one-year access, and a monthly subscription. The platform also offers live classes that cost around $1000.
Obviously, the longer your access to the course materials is, the more you’ll have to pay. Prices range from $32 for the monthly subscription up to $370 for the annual subscription. We don’t really recommend going for the lifetime access option since it’s unlikely that you’ll need the materials one year after taking the course.
The courses are reasonably-priced compared to other online project management courses, especially if you opt for a shorter access period.
Is the Master of Project Academy a Registered Education Provider?
Unfortunately, Master of Project Academy isn’t one of PMI’s Registered Education Providers (REPs). This means that you won’t be granted any accredited contact hours after completing one or more of the courses provided by the Master of Project Academy.
This can be a deal-breaker for many people, especially those who planned to take a single course in their exam preparation journeys.
- Reasonable prices
- Offers a wide variety of training courses in several project management and agile certifications
- 3 subscription plans and a live course
- Includes mock tests
- Excellent Learning Management System (LMS)
- Not a Registered Education Provider
- There are similar quality courses from REPs at nearly the same prices