In this article, we will do a LearnSmart PMP® Review. The aim is that you understand the pros and cons of the PMP® program and decide if it’s best suited for you. Also, before we start, be sure that you sign up for the free PMP® course from ExamsPM.
*Note: LearnSmart changed its name to Vector Solutions.
Becoming a certified PMP® (Project Management Professional) can take your project management career to a whole new level. It’s an excellent way for professional project managers to validate their project management knowledge and skills with a globally recognized certification.
One of the best things about the PMP® certification is that you’re free to take any training course you want, as long as you complete the required 35 hours of project management training.
In this review, we’ll cover everything you need to know about the LearnSmart PMP® course so you can decide whether it’s suitable for you or not.
About the LearnSmart Company
The LearnSmart Company, currently RedVector, is a well-established name when it comes to professional training.
The company offers courses in various fields, including engineering, chemical processing, construction management, power generation, safety, and project management. In addition, it provides training for both individuals and companies.
Who Should Take This Course?
The LearnSmart PMP® course is tailored specifically for PMP® aspirants who want to pass the exam and get certified.
However, even if you’re not planning on pursuing the certification at this moment, you can still take the course if you want to learn about project management and its knowledge areas.
The course is also a good opportunity for new managers to understand project management essentials to enhance their leadership skills and credibility.
There are two ways to enroll in the LearnSmart PMP® preparation course. Your first option is to buy it directly on the company’s website. The other way to go is to enroll in the course on Udemy, the online learning platform. In both cases, you get lifetime access to the lessons.
LearnSmart PMP® Review – Course Overview
Before enrolling in the LearnSmart PMP® exam, you must get an idea about what’s included in the course. Here is a list of all the content type the course entails:
- 35 contact hours from PMI REP
- The course content is based on the project management body of knowledge as found in PMI’s PMBOK® Guide
- Preparation for the PMP® exam
- Mock tests that help you identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Presentation slideshow, games, flashcards, and other interactive learning tools
- High-quality video sessions
- Final exam
- 613 downloadable resources
Once you go through the full course, you then receive a certificate of completion. However, do note that if you’ve already acquired the PMP® certification and want to collect PDUs for recertification, this course won’t be useful for you. You can still take it if you want to refresh your memory of the project management essentials, though.
The course syllabus is based on PMI’s PMBOK® Guide and the ten knowledge areas of project management that include:
- Project Scope Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Integration Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
There are no “official” prerequisites for the LearnSmart PMP® review. They’re considered basic requirements that most people already have. They include:
- An internet-enabled computer or mobile device
- English proficiency
- A basic understanding of the fundamentals of project management is preferred
Here’s a complete breakdown of the course contents and the things you’ll learn in each part of the course:
The course gives you a pre-assessment quiz that tests your current knowledge of the PMP® certification training. This allows you to identify your high and low points. Even if you haven’t formally learned about project management before, you may still be able to answer some questions.
This part is all about the integration processes and all project management activities that are related to them.
These sections primarily focus on helping you set your project’s requirements, create the Work Breakdown Structure, and identify the project metrics to ensure a smooth flow of the project’s phases and processes.
This part of the course places a high emphasis on helping you learn and understand everything you need to know about ITTOs (Inputs, Tools, Techniques, and Outputs).
There are over 600 ITTOs, and the PMP® exam is filled with ITTO-based exams, so make sure that you give yourself enough time to learn at this stage. You’ll also learn about time management and how to be able to set realistic deadlines.
This segment of the LearnSmart PMP® course takes you through the steps you need to comprehend Project Cost Management by learning about budget constraints and how they relate to scope, resources, and quality.
These sections shed light on Project Quality Management. After completing this part, you should’ve learned how you can maintain your project’s quality standards. The practices and tools you learn here will help you maintain the project’s quality standards without exceeding the specified budget or deadlines.
This part gives you a complete overview of Project Human Resources Management. You’ll learn how to select suitable team members for the project and utilize their talents to complete the project as efficiently as possible.
These sections are all about diving into Project Communications Management. It teaches you how to handle internal and external communications, as well as improve team dynamics and efficiency.
This is where you learn how to manage and mitigate risk throughout the project’s life cycle. It also teaches you how to identify the two types of risk and analyze them and their potential effects on your project’s objectives.
In these sections, you’ll learn everything you need to know about Project Procurement Management. Some of the topics that you’ll go through include the seller-buyer relationship and how you can outsource your project’s tangible inputs to be able to complete the project’s deliverables.
This is the final part of the course before taking the completion exam. This segment concentrates on identifying and avoiding stakeholder problems through Project Stakeholder Management. You’ll also learn how to handle their needs and how you can respond to them.
This section is for the final exam. This exam can be considered a mock test for the official PMP® exam, so make sure that you treat it as if it’s the real thing.
Pricing & Contact Hours
The LearnSmart PMP® course costs a one-time fee of $200. After completing the training, you’ll acquire 35 contact hours that qualify you for the PMP® exam.
- The video sessions are shot professionally
- Enrollment is easy, and you get lifetime access to the materials
- The course content is mostly easy to understand
- Helps you practice for the PMP® exam with mock tests
- Allows you to access the course materials using an iOS or Android app
- Learning process tracking
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Offers direct communication with the instructor
- Active discussions forum for collaborative learning
- A bit expensive compared to other PMP® training courses
- The update process (according to PMI guidelines) is prolonged
- Mock tests aren’t quite inclusive
ExamsPM vs. LearnSmart
ExamsPM helps you get your PMP® certified on your first try within 6 weeks, and also supports you with 60 PDUs after you get certified.
- ExamsPM have 2 regular live instructor-led trainings calls per week, in addition to the self paced course
- ExamsPM offer lifetime packages so you don’t have to worry about course expiring
- ExamsPM offer full service, so you can get an application review prior to completing the exam as well as the credits you need to maintain your certification for three years after the exam
- ExamsPM offer a free PMP® training course that lays out the exact road map that you need to follow in order to get PMP® certified within 6 weeks
|Access Length||Lifetime||6 months|
|60 PDUs||Yes. 60 PDUs are included in the tuition for your recertification.||No|
|Support||Yes – Email, Facebook Forum & Instructor Access||No|
|Course Format||Self-directed learning, live instructor-led training||Self-directed learning|
|Money Back Guarantee||Yes||No|
You learn the fundamentals of project management, but also increase your chances of passing the PMP® exam from the first attempt. To secure a passing score on the PMP® exam, it is also crucial that you practice with lots of mock tests.