During her 16 year operations career in the financial industry, Candis had always gravitated towards project management.
Around 2012 she started to look to define and spearhead her passion and future career. Candis began to seek opportunities to further her project management career, including PMP® certification.[/one_half_last]
Candis went to work studying for her PMP® exam while preparing for her wedding. She also took a company sponsored in person class but was unfortunately was not able to pass the exam on her first try.
Discouraged from her result on her first attempt, Candis did not retake the exam for a few years.
This time around, she decided to go ahead and try something different with an online class. This is when she found the 1.5 hour free training offered by ExamsPM.
After this training Candis realized that she had learnt and retained more from this session than any of the other classes that she had attended over the last few years.
Candis found that the style of teaching really stuck with her and signed up for the full training program.
TIP: you can use this link to sign up for the free 1.5 hour training session: www.examspm.com/free
How did she do it?
Candis started studying at the end June and passed her exam less than 2 months later in August!
One of Candis’ favorite parts of the program was the detailed 6 week study plan, which helped her to pace herself and stay on top of her studies.
Candis had a demanding job, 2 small children, and studying for the PMP® exam.
TIP: make sure that your study plan matches your lifestyle.
Candis would get up 2 hours early every morning to study while her mind was fresh. She also set goals for each week.
She tracked her results on a whiteboard, recording her marks and progress which helped motivate her even more!
Candis also used the program to learn how to understand the story behind the ITTOs, as well as all the tips and tricks to ace the PMP® exam.
TIP: click here to access the blog post on how to memorize the 49 processes
- Candis used the PMBOK® as a reference while taking tests, or for anything she was unclear on but she focused on the ExamsPM material
- She also took notes that she moved around with so she could review at any point during the day
- Candis made sure she got 80% or more on all her tests. She repeated any exams that she scored less than 80%
- On the date of the exam, she played some relaxing music in the car for a few minutes before she went in. She also took 5 minutes to calm her nerves before starting on the questions
- Candis took advantage of the tools available in the exam; marking questions for review, highlighting and crossing out the options that were clearly not correct to narrow down to the more correct options
What’s next for Candis?
Candis is running a portfolio of projects at her job and is excited to apply her PMP® skills to the programs that she will be involved with in the future. She is also looking to get involved with the PMP® community .
Thanks to her PMP® certification Candis can step confidently into a her future as a Project Manager in any industry.
Congratulations Candis and best wishes on your project management career!
Sign up below for a FREE 1.5 hours PMP® training class where you will learn how you can pass your certification in 6 weeks: