Vaqar Ali passed his PMP® in just 9 days after he started ExamsPM’s training. In this post, he shares the best ways to pass PMP® on your first attempt. Vaqar was a process engineer and project manager at BP (British Petroleum) with over 7 years of experience. His employer encouraged him to get his PMP® certification for professional growth and to become eligible for promotions in the future. BP values the PMP® certification because it shows the practitioner understands the PMI methodologies for managing projects.
Vaqar wanted to get his certification ASAP because as part of his job, he flies from and to Jordan every two weeks. He flies again on November 5th; it was October 22 and he had two weeks to get his PMP® certification.
Mid-afternoon on October 23, Vaqar and his wife got an unexpected surprise – their baby girl was born early. He was ecstatic, but he was also unsure of how he can handle everything – his job, PMP® preparation, and a new baby.
This is when Vaqar came to ExamsPM.
“Hindsight is 20/20, but coming to ExamsPM just turned out to be an excellent choice,” he says.
Vaqar chose ExamsPM because it provides him with the most value – it was comprehensive, interactive, and affordable.
Vaqar’s advice to others considering taking the exam is: ‘take this course first. It will help you understand the concepts and then practice. And ask all the questions you need to.’
Best Ways to Pass PMP®: Vaqar’s Lessons Learned
- Commit to the course and passing the exam
- Study the course notes and slides before and after each class
- Ask questions
- Get a good nights sleep
- Read breakfast
- Do as many practice questions as possible
- Be consistent in your studying
- Find your strengths and weaknesses and focus on filling in the gaps in your knowledge
- Ask more questions
- Go to study groups
- Realise you’re human and have other commitments so make your study plan reasonable
- Study every day until the day of your exam
- Communicate with your instructors and ask as many questions as you need to
- Allow instructors to help you with your application to ensure you’re saying what you need to say
- Try not to cram it all in the night before
Vaqar’s success is not a one-off case. Yes, you can replicate his success and pass the PMP® certification in record time too. You just need to focus on following applying the right process to your study plans. Remember, it’s about studying smarter, not harder.
To learn the process Vaqar used to pass his PMP®, click here to get started for free.